Drive O

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Drive O

Postby Cyprian » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:45 am

I observed that very often drive O is not always available. E.g when there is no SD card inserted into CosmosEx or when disk partition is not recognised by disk driver. Is it normal behaviour?
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: Drive O

Postby Jookie » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:15 am

Cyprian wrote:I observed that very often drive O is not always available. E.g when there is no SD card inserted into CosmosEx or when disk partition is not recognised by disk driver. Is it normal behaviour?

No, it shouldn't behave like that. Do you have the newest device firmware? (if not, then update the firmware by opening 'CE_CONF.PRG' and going to 'Update firmware' and pressing 'Update' button - if you see some part of your firmware newer on the server).

attle
Atari User
Atari User

Postby attle » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:16 pm

I have trouble with O: too :(
Before I formatted my SD card with the ICD driver (using the guide) I had no trouble with accessing O:.
Now after I partitioned the card and install the O: drive in GEM I get "the disk device does not exist".

Regardless if I have the SD card inserted or not.

Using TOS 1.02, Mega ST. Help? 8O

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:04 pm

I've just checked with up-to-date software and it looks as follow:
When there is no SD card and no floppy drive - there is no Drive O
When there is no SD card and floppy disk is in a drive - Drive O is shown.

I use usb floppy emulator and when I don't mount image to it then ST behaves as it wasn't connected floppy drive at all.
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net

attle
Atari User
Atari User

Postby attle » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:22 am

Cyprian wrote:When there is no SD card and floppy disk is in a drive - Drive O is shown.

For me, even that doesn't work. I have updated to the latest software too.

Edit: I put the config tool on a floppy instead now, and it seems to work. But why did the O: drive stop functioning after I partitioned?

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Cyprian wrote:When there is no SD card and floppy disk is in a drive - Drive O is shown.

actually Drive O wasn't shown automatically- I added it manually but after that works ok

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:59 pm

Cyprian wrote:actually Drive O wasn't shown automatically- I added it manually but after that works ok

Great ;) I wrote that in the manual of config tool (first paragraph of http://joo.kie.sk/?page_id=431), but I should make it more clear that you should do that... Anyway, good to hear that you got it working.

attle wrote:Edit: I put the config tool on a floppy instead now, and it seems to work. But why did the O: drive stop functioning after I partitioned?

If you do see the driver getting loaded after reset (saying 'CEDD ...') then you should have the drive 'O' accessible, although as Cyprian mentioned, it doesn't appear automatically, but you have to assign the letter to drive in TOS. So.. Do you see the CEDD driver loaded after reset? Is the drive accessible after you assign a letter to it in TOS?

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Jookie wrote:
Cyprian wrote:actually Drive O wasn't shown automatically- I added it manually but after that works ok

Great ;) I wrote that in the manual of config tool (first paragraph of http://joo.kie.sk/?page_id=431), but I should make it more clear that you should do that... Anyway, good to hear that you got it working.

thats clear for me that TOS itself doesn't put any drive icon onto desktop. But we know that TOS tries to open DESTOP.INF file from bootable drive. Maybe in my case, when there is only one drive "O" available, TOS could open DESTOP.INF from it?

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:04 am

Cyprian wrote:But we know that TOS tries to open DESTOP.INF file from bootable drive. Maybe in my case, when there is only one drive "O" available, TOS could open DESTOP.INF from it?

Yes, this could be done, please add this to the wishlist thread ;)

attle
Atari User
Atari User

Postby attle » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Today I managed to get things working better. I started from scratch and re-assigned the ACSI id:s; previously I had 0 - sd and 1 - translated. I swapped them, so now I have 0 - translated, 1 - sd.

Suddenly the O: drive works, and the shared drive also works! :cheers:

If the SD slot should not be assigned to id 0 maybe the config tool should not allow that value?

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:32 am

attle wrote:If the SD slot should not be assigned to id 0 maybe the config tool should not allow that value?

There shouldn't be a limitation like that, and if it doesn't behave correctly then it might need some fixing. There was one fix few days / weeks ago which also affected the order of the drivers, now it should be better, but it's not completely good yet (it's in my TODO).

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”