CosmosEx - device buying status

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

CosmosEx - device buying status

Postby Jookie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:47 am

Hello,

not everybody could get the information about current ordering status - I got blocked for 'spam' by couple of mail servers, so I'll post some short info here so it will be visible publicly.

All the registered users now can go and make a payment to get the device - until we run out of devices :) The people who would register after this moment need to write an e-mail to me so I could enable payment to them. After the last devices will be gone, all the users who didn't choose to pay will be switched back to "can't pay" mode so only as much devices will be sold as there are available for sale at that moment.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: CosmosEx - device buying status

Postby Dal » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:06 pm

Possibly misreading CosmosEx for Cosmo Sex??

Anyway, late to the party, but just registered for 2 devices.
TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

itaboy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby itaboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:30 pm

I just payed for mine :) and I am looking forward to testing it!
Enrico

attle
Atari User
Atari User

Postby attle » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:31 pm

itaboy wrote:I just payed for mine :) and I am looking forward to testing it!
Enrico

+1 :cheers:

Kirkman
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Kirkman » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Question for American buyers... What's the best way to send a bank tranafer? Seems like there are big fees.

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:45 am

Dal wrote:Possibly misreading CosmosEx for Cosmo Sex??

Yes, probably... That's what I get when I try to make funny / interesting names ;)

Dal wrote:Anyway, late to the party, but just registered for 2 devices.

No problem, your status has been updated.

Kirkman wrote:Question for American buyers... What's the best way to send a bank tranafer? Seems like there are big fees.

Maybe if you would find 2 or 3 other guys who also want to buy it, you could do few inner-USA transfers and then one one larger payment, so you would share (divide) the fees?

Kirkman

Postby Kirkman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Jookie wrote:
Kirkman wrote:Question for American buyers... What's the best way to send a bank tranafer? Seems like there are big fees.

Maybe if you would find 2 or 3 other guys who also want to buy it, you could do few inner-USA transfers and then one one larger payment, so you would share (divide) the fees?

Another question: My ordering page now says "you did pay," but I don't think I did. And now I can't change my device count.

I looked at the bank transfer section to see what it involved, but I haven't actually made a bank transfer yet.

Did visiting the bank transfer section set my status to "paid"?

attle
Atari User
Atari User

Postby attle » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Kirkman wrote:
Another question: My ordering page now says "you did pay," but I don't think I did. And now I can't change my device count.

I looked at the bank transfer section to see what it involved, but I haven't actually made a bank transfer yet.

I noticed the same thing, must be a glitch. When you have really paid this text will appear: "Your status: Jookie received the payment"

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Kirkman wrote:Another question: My ordering page now says "you did pay," but I don't think I did. And now I can't change my device count.

Yes. The idea was to disable editing of your order once you decided to proceed with payment... But some people clicked on the 'Pay' button, then decided not to pay... If you want and didn't send the money yet, I can switch it back to the state where you can change the order (PM your e-mail address to me then).

ube
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby ube » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:18 pm

Jookie wrote:got blocked for 'spam' by couple of mail servers,

So this might be why I don't get any mail to reset my password, so.. How do I go about that?
Atari STE w/ MicroCosmosex | Atari Falcon w/ Skunk| ubeswitch mk1 | ubeswitch mk2 | ubeswitch mk4 | ubeswitch mk5 | ubeswitch mk6 | ubeswitch mk6 v1.1b

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:02 am

ube wrote:So this might be why I don't get any mail to reset my password, so.. How do I go about that?

If you want me to reset your password and send it here by PM, just drop me a PM :)

Kirkman

Postby Kirkman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:39 pm

My CosmosEx arrived yesterday, but I haven't been able to try it yet. Gotta find a USB adapter so I can plug it in. I have micro-B cables around, but no mini-Bs. :(

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:46 am

To all people who all interested in getting the device - the first batch is currently sold out - the last few devices went mostly to some people who wanted to help with fixing stuff. The next devices will be available in around 2 months from now. When that will happen, the people who are registered ( http://joo.kie.sk/cosmosex/buy/ ) will be notified, I will also possibly write here too...

Tomchi
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Tomchi » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:55 am

cool !
Missed the first batch, but i definitely want one !

:)
There's no way to happiness, happiness is the way ...
click
Noextra

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:18 pm

Well, that reminds me... I'm sorry to write this, but the 2nd batch will be delayed to February of next year - due to economical rules in my country it wouldn't be a good thing to manufacture the devices in this fiscal year and sell them mostly in the next year, which would then create 'huge' profits (due to not being able to calculate real profit by subtracting the manufacturing costs from previous year) and thus resulting in huge taxes... But in the mean time I'll work on the bug fixes, so you will get the devices in better shape ;) (and the bug fixes will be applied to current devices, too, so even the current users don't have to worry about the fixes availability).

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:54 pm

bug fix but same hardware :)

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”