Atari Demoscene

All about ST/STE demos

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

Askja
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: Atari Demoscene

Postby Askja » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:22 pm

but SPKR is not a crew, he is a coder (from Checkpoint now)
Greg. aka Pandafox from HMD aka Imperator from The Megabusters aka Askja from Toons :cheers:
Now https://www.behance.net/ufactory :twisted:

wietze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby wietze » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:55 pm

Who made you judge judy and executioner ?

AtariCrypt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby AtariCrypt » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:58 pm

Askja wrote:but SPKR is not a crew, he is a coder (from Checkpoint now)

Exactly. [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_01.gif] https://demozoo.org/sceners/37824/
AtariCrypt ... ST/e gaming https://ataricrypt.blogspot.com

Askja
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Askja » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:11 pm

wietze wrote:Who made you judge judy and executioner ?

mmmm??????? :shrug:

What is this ?
Greg. aka Pandafox from HMD aka Imperator from The Megabusters aka Askja from Toons :cheers:

wietze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby wietze » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:43 pm

First off, the remark I made is referencing a demo made by Excellence in Art. If you have not seen it, I suggest you do.

Now for the subject at hand; who decides what is a crew and what is not? What are the criteria, and who decides upon the criteria. Is the maker of the poster making the rules up, is pouet making them up, is demozoo defining them? I have no idea, thats why I am asking...

The reason for asking is because there are more than one single-person-labels in the poster already. So what really makes the difference between a label, a crew, an alias, and what not (and most specifically, for making it onto the poster, I want to be on there!)? Please explain this to me...

Since I dont really care about any of the differences, qualifications and what not, and consider SPKR part of the scene,crew,labelisms, I would find that reason enough to include it into the poster. Perhaps SPKR is both an alias and a crew; it most certainly is a label who decides what is what?

Oh, also, regarding labels, make sure you have a look at Talk Talk 2, incase you wonder what labels are...

Awaiting your judgement,
Wietze

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Postby spiny » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:33 pm

I would expect the person that has put all the work into making the poster can decide what they want to add or not.

Askja
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Askja » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:28 pm

wietze wrote:First off, the remark I made is referencing a demo made by Excellence in Art. If you have not seen it, I suggest you do.

Now for the subject at hand; who decides what is a crew and what is not? What are the criteria, and who decides upon the criteria. Is the maker of the poster making the rules up, is pouet making them up, is demozoo defining them? I have no idea, thats why I am asking...

The reason for asking is because there are more than one single-person-labels in the poster already. So what really makes the difference between a label, a crew, an alias, and what not (and most specifically, for making it onto the poster, I want to be on there!)? Please explain this to me...

Since I dont really care about any of the differences, qualifications and what not, and consider SPKR part of the scene,crew,labelisms, I would find that reason enough to include it into the poster. Perhaps SPKR is both an alias and a crew; it most certainly is a label who decides what is what?

Oh, also, regarding labels, make sure you have a look at Talk Talk 2, incase you wonder what labels are...

Awaiting your judgement,
Wietze

oh my god 8O

Sorry to be rude but if you have problems with it, it seems you are not happy at all, then don't download it, nothing else....

I make this for months now and YES I decided to include only the crews, why ? Because if I include all the sceners one by one, I will spend my next 10 years to make it !! :mrgreen:

But, feel free to make another one by yourself then you can decide all what you want :angel:

wietze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby wietze » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Askja wrote:
wietze wrote:First off, the remark I made is referencing a demo made by Excellence in Art. If you have not seen it, I suggest you do.

Awaiting your judgement,
Wietze

oh my god 8O

Sorry to be rude but if you have problems with it, it seems you are not happy at all, then don't download it, nothing else....

I make this for months now and YES I decided to include only the crews, why ? Because if I include all the sceners one by one, I will spend my next 10 years to make it !! :mrgreen:

But, feel free to make another one by yourself then you can decide all what you want :angel:

Dont pull the `I spend this much time and thus...', it really has nothing to do with the question I ask. You're welcome to do whatever you want, and I never intended to doubt that. If you want to include a big fart or a middle finger in there, thats your decision. Im merely asking about the rules and intricacies of your judgement; since you were very eager to say some label is not a crew...

My question still remains, what is a crew? You still have not explained this, whereas I did ask that. Im sorry to ask sophisticated questions like this. If you do not feel comfortable addressing them, let me know, and I gladly stop asking questions.

As for calling your god... I will just attribute that to your French :).

Regards,
Wietze

p.s. I assume you did not check either demos.

Askja
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Askja » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:30 am

Hello Atari world ! :cheers:

A small update on the Demoscene poster !
+ 9 demogroups
some logos changed to better ones
some links between demogroups updated

Always same link :
http://undead-factory.fr/demoscene/index.html

AtariCrypt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby AtariCrypt » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:18 pm

Absolutely awesome. Thank you very much :cheers:
AtariCrypt ... ST/e gaming https://ataricrypt.blogspot.com

Social Media

Return to “Demos - General”