rewriting the tridi demo

All about ST/STE demos

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

mlynn1974
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

rewriting the tridi demo

Postby mlynn1974 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:21 pm

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on rewriting The Tridi demo from the European Demos by Overlanders on the PC.
For those that haven't seen it before it's on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X8mD76W4F0

This would ideally run in a window or full screen on a selectable screen on a multi-monitor set up. I have rewritten a couple of ST demos on the PC before but I would need to get back up to speed with DirectX and improve my template to handle in-a-window and multi-monitor fullscreen setups. This demo is tricky because it's 3D and I'd like a conversion to be as faithful to the original as possible.

I am thinking that it might be an idea to model the objects using the Unreal Development Kit (UDK) but I have no experience of using this tool. By today's standards this is a simple 3D demo and using the UDK might be over the top. Working out the object paths might be tricky too and approximating them might make the demo look significantly different from the original. I don't know if I'd be able to disassemble and understand that code :coffe:
Still got, still working: Atari 4Mb STe, 520STFM, 2.5Mb STF.
Hardware: Cumana CSA 354, Ultimate Ripper, Blitz Turbo, Synchro Express II (US and UK Versions).

Social Media

Return to “Demos - General”