Most impressive ST demo ever?

All about ST/STE demos

Moderators: lotek_style, Mug UK, Moderator Team

Chrischzz
Atariator
Atariator

Re: Most impressive ST demo ever?

Postby Chrischzz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Hmmm.. I thought I responded to this thread already..

Anyway.. It's nice to see my brother's screen is mentioned here..

The Lemmings-scroller took quite a while for him to make.. More because he did it inbetween school/work etc..

To be honest Cuddly and DotS were most impressive.. also because they were one of the first to push the limits..

Steven Seagal
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Steven Seagal » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:59 am

Chrischzz wrote:Hey.. Nice to see a screen mentioned here that my brother created.. The awesome Lemmings scroller/color shock whatever it is called..

Not quite sure how it fits technically in everything.. I do know it took him ages to finish it..

Impressive stuff as always are the things ULM and Carebears did for Spoon and Cuddly..

It's my favourite scroller, not just for technical aspects, but because it's interesting to follow from start to end, and not too long like (...) (there are many examples). I also like the music on this one. Then of course there's the lemmings idea.

While I'm at it, I will mention another favourite of mine, even if it's not "advanced": BIG demo screen #2 (rasters). It's just beautiful.
In the CIA we learned that ST ruled
Steem SSE: http://sourceforge.net/projects/steemsse

guythp
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby guythp » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:25 pm

Steven Seagal wrote:While I'm at it, I will mention another favourite of mine, even if it's not "advanced": BIG demo screen #2 (rasters). It's just beautiful.

I love that screen too. For reasons I can only blame on OCD I used to (and still do, when I, on rare occasions, load up the B.I.G. demo to watch) keep going in and out of the demo screen until I get red or blue graded lines going up the screen.

The most technically impressive demo though? Holocaust did some demos that were pretty good (jap demo & blood demos(?) if I remember correctly). Also, the grotesque demo by omega did a pretty good job of looking and sounding nice to the non demo fan, but actually being pretty well coded too (I say this not knowing how to program, but the vectors were very smooth and fast). Obviously the union, cuddly & darkside demos were the big boys of the time.
The Hairy Pies

Social Media

Return to “Demos - General”